General Discusion

Dungeon of the Dead is a Fun Free Hack 'n' Slash game underdevelopment
as Android game but will also be published as a windows game.
TheElk
Site Admin

General Discusion

Postby TheElk » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Talk about anything related to Dungeon of the Dead. ;)

TheElk
Site Admin

Re: General Discusion

Postby TheElk » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Looking for Android testers ....... ;)

Lynnera

Testing the APP on an LG LS990

Postby Lynnera » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Phone Info:

Android Version
Kernel Version
Software Version
LS990ZV8

I noticed several things that could improve the app but also things that I thought worked really well. I'll make sure to include multiple notations on each so that it better helps develop the app! First of all, I really enjoyed the app and feel like it has a lot of potential to be a long lasting dungeon crawler for a mobile device. :D I'll start with items that I thought worked really well:

- Attack button: This has worked really well for me on my device and I haven't had any issues where it has bugged out and caused me to not be able to interact with the mobs around the dungeon.
- Potions: These have been a life saver ( literally ), has worked every time and has gotten me out of several jams. Really enjoy how you get continuous potions as you go through the dungeon.
- Level design: I liked the flow of the dungeon and how it seemed, at least to me, that you encountered harder mobs the further you went into the dungeon.
- Mob designs: These were very well done for a mobile app game.

Things I thought that could be improved or implemented:

- Attack direction: It was hard for me to find which way I should face when attacking the mobs, was I actually hitting them or was I hitting air? If there is an animation or particle already I can't see it on my phone. If one doesn't exist, it would be nice to see OR your damage above the mob OR you could just have the mob highlighted when your hitting it.
- Portals: I didn't even realize it was a portal and would've just skipped over it otherwise which made me kind of sad that I could of skipped an entire floor since I couldn't see it on the floor.
- Hearts: When you run out of hearts, the game should go "Game Over" or "Game reset" I couldn't tell if I had more lives the first time around and wasn't after dying a million times and pressing the 'reset' button or quit that I could fully reset the game.

I'll keep posting as I find more things to give feedback on. Question! Should I post feedback here or in an entirely new post?

-Lynn :ugeek:
<(^,^<) Like a boss. (>^,^)>

Lynnera

Testing the APP on an LG LS990

Postby Lynnera » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:13 am

Phone Info:

Android Version
Kernel Version
Software Version
LS990ZV8

Was testing out level two of the app and had two separate issues when encountering the boss in the second portal. When I arrived I tried to strategically move around to the backside of the boss, when I did this my character completely disappeared. I know I did not die, because as my screenshot below indicates:

I was at full health! I didn't use a potion on that level so unless I died because I looked at the boss this is an error.

Another error that occurred right after this encounter was I lost sound to the app after I reset from disappearing. I double checked that the sound was on on my phone and it was all the way to max:

I reset the game a few times but the sound still didn't return, it wasn't until after I completely shut down the app and went back in from my phones main menu that the sound returned.

Figured I should share this info!

- Lynn

TheElk
Site Admin

Re: General Discusion

Postby TheElk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:59 am

@Lynnera

Thank you for reporting this I think it has been fixed for the next up date release. ;)

Lynnera

Testing Alpha version 1.0 for Android on my LG LS990

Postby Lynnera » Sun May 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Phone Info:

Android Version
Kernel Version
Software Version
LS990ZV8

Overall I really enjoyed the update and was pleasantly surprised at all the new features, changes and the new class. I think the update brings a lot more replay value and also helps diversify the game a bit more with the two separate classes and abilities update. Below I'll list my likes and dislikes as well as a few bugs that I noticed on my first few play-throughs of the of the game.

Music: I really enjoyed the addition of the music, I didn't have any issues with the playback and it didn't bug out once which was one of the comments made about the update. No issues here!
Heart Decal Change: This addition was very helpful and I prefer it a lot over the previous choice of just having the heart disappear.
Achievements: Was very happy with this addition! Will be really interesting to track my progress throughout testing.
Voice Acting: All the new voice acting was great and made me laugh several times, I liked the addition of the trap sound for the fire as well as restore ability for the wizard, made me laugh pretty hard.

Dislikes:

Abilities: I understand that they are a one time use until you die but I think that should be stated on the abilities explanation page. When I first loaded up the app I was a little confused on why there was only one charge for each ability and then on top of it a few of the abilities were bugged ( which I will explain later ) and for the first time going through it was confusing since I wasn't sure how the abilities were supposed to work.
Random Rainbow Particle: This thing confused the hell out of me, I eventually figured out what it was for but at first I thought it was another portal and was trying to jump through it or shoot at it to get something. I think it's supposed to be for the coin but I'd much rather have a sparkle particle than the rainbow thing. I just feel it doesn't fit in with the theme of the game.
Cleave Ability: I think this would be a lot better as a ranged ability for the warrior, I found that it didn't help very much at all when fighting and was pretty much useless.
No Ambiance: I think the game could use a scary ambiance, like chains in the background or scary moaning. It's a dungeon!

BUGS

Coins: Thought this was a great feature but sometimes it didn't work! It would bring back the heart but when I used the heart to revive after using the coin my abilities wouldn't reset and I'd have to die again in order to get another charge. This was frustrating when I was down to one heart and only had one more shot before dying overall.
Faster Movement in Certain Areas: When I was on either class, going through the portals somehow caused my character to go super speed! Although I didn't mind this I was really confused on why this was happening.
Bug as the Wizard: When you die, although you can't move you can still shoot at the mobs.
Bug as the Wizard: The restore ability is broke and doesn't work. Tried several times during different situations and it doesn't work.
How to Play Screen Broken: I'll post a picture below but it was really hard to read on my device and you can't scroll down to read the rest.

Here is where I ended on both classes playing through the first time.
Wizard:

Warrior:

Thanks for the update! Keep em' coming!

~Lynnera

Return to “Dungeon of the Dead”